(Editorâ€™s Note: HOLY CRAP!!! A weekend review!!! Yes, a weekend review. I figured since many of you visit The Impulsive Buy on the weekend, I should give yâ€™all a review. However, this weekendâ€™s review is going to be slightly different than the normal product reviews The Impulsive Buy does.
Iâ€™ve been wanting to broaden the range of reviews, as you will see here. I donâ€™t know if this will be a permanent thing, but I figured I should try it out. Enjoy.)
Okay. Okay. The focus of todayâ€™s review isnâ€™t really named Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold. I gave it that name because I have no idea what its name is or even if it has a name. However, people in Japan tend to give strange names to their products, so I figured I should give a strange name to this unusual Japanese way to fold a t-shirt.
Now that I think about it, because itâ€™s Japanese, I couldâ€™ve called it the Origami T-Shirt Fold.
Nah, Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold is a much better made up name.
Anyway, last week I read about this unorthodox way of folding a t-shirt from the ReadyMade Magazine website. I thought it was relatively unknown, but apparently it was a really popular blogging topic some time last year.
So what makes the Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold so great?
The most noticeable thing is that itâ€™s possibly faster than most normal ways of folding. I think itâ€™s about a whole second faster.
Sure, you may think thatâ€™s not much time, but after folding sixty t-shirts, you save a whole minute. Okay, you may think thatâ€™s not much time, either. However, if you fold 3,600 t-shirts, youâ€™re going to save a whole hour.
So the next time you get tricked into going to a timeshare meeting and saying when you get out of it, â€œThatâ€™s one hour of my life Iâ€™ll never get back.â€ Well fold 3,600 t-shirts the Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold way and you will get that hour back.
Now doing the Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold looks difficult, but itâ€™s quite easy and once youâ€™ve mastered it, Grasshopper, you may consider yourself a Master of the 100% Preshrunk Cotton.
To obtain t-shirt folding enlightenment with the Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold, just follow these simple steps:
1. Lay shirt face up on a flat surface, like your bed, the floor, or on Kate Mossâ€™ chest. Make sure the shirt is perpendicular to your body, with the sleeves and neck on your left.
2. Pinch the shirt at the shoulder with your left hand and at the middle of the shirt with your right hand, You should pinch both places at the same level.
3. With your left hand, fold the shoulder over your right hand until you reach the bottom hem. With the left hand, pinch the bottom hem at the same level as the other placed you pinched. Now you should have pinched in your left hand the shoulder hem and the bottom hem.
4. Lift the shirt and uncross your hands, pulling the shirt taut. Then shake it like an 8×10 picture.
5. At this point, a sleeve should be sticking out from the bottom. Just fold the shirt over the sleeve and youâ€™re done, unless you did a load of laundry, then repeat steps 1-5.
6. (Optional) Teach the Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold to others in your family so you arenâ€™t stuck with doing all the frickinâ€™ folding of clothes.
7. (Optional) Trick your children by saying the Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold is fun to do.
Then criticize both ways I do it, like my mom does.
Item: Neato Neato Super Super T-Shirt Fold
Purchase Price: FREE (T-shirts not included)
Rating: 4 out of 5
Pros: Neato. Neato. Super. Super. Seems quicker than normal folding, which will earn you some extra time in your life.
Cons: May form weird creases in clothing. Extra work needed with long-sleeve shirts.