NEWS: New Limited Edition Pop-Tarts Flavors Prove Kellogg’s Is Far From Running Out of Toaster Pastry Ideas

Written by | November 24, 2008

Topics: Food, Pop-Tarts

Just when it seemed like Kellogg’s couldn’t come up with a new Pop-Tarts flavor, they reached into their magical hat of random flavors and pulled out two: Dulce de Leche, which I’ve always thought sounds more like a World of Warcraft expansion set, and the exotic Guava Mango. Both sound appealing to me, especially the Guava Mango since here on this rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean guava and mango products are abundant, which I guess makes the two fruits less exotic to us. Speaking of exotic, mango is said to be an aphrodisiac, but the Guava Mango Pop-Tarts are probably the least sexiest way to consume mango. As for the Dulce de Leche Pop-Tarts, I figured it was bound to happen since dulce de leche seems to be one of the popular flavors this year and because Kellogg’s was probably running out of flavors in the English language that don’t include the word “milkshake.”

1. Natalie says:

These sound just horrible. Pop Tarts doesn’t need to deviate from the strawberry and smores flavors that they do so well.

I’m not a fan of caramel and a fake mango flavor just doesn’t sound like a good idea.

2. Neil says:

I have an idea for two new poptart flavors

1. manbeef blender tango

2. sword fish smelt milkshake

3. Amy says:

Had the dulce de leche ones. Very, very dissappointing.

4. Marvo says:

@Natalie – You know what would sound worse? Beet Pop-Tarts.

@Neil – Mmm…sword fish.

@Amy – I guess I shall avoid them, but I’d really like to try the Guava Mango one.

5. Jenn says:

Two votes to stay far, far away from the dulce de leche variety. They’re seriously unpleasant.

6. Rebekah says:

I have had the Guava Mango and they are AMAZING!!! The only thing I don’t like is that I have only been able to find one box and I have been searching at all of the the local grocery stores and have yet to find another. They are so good, I reccommend trying them. =]

7 Comments Trackbacks For This Post

1. Limited Edition Pop-Tarts: Ducle de Leche & Guava Mango | FOODBEAST - ONLINE FOOD PUBLICATION :: BEEN HUNGRY SINCE '88