NEWS: KFC’s Fiery Grilled Wings Give Lazy Potluck Party Invitees Something New To Bring

Written by | December 29, 2009

Topics: Fast Food, Food, KFC

UPDATE: Click here to read our KFC Fiery Grilled Wings review.

I guess KFC’s Kentucky Grilled Chicken, introduced earlier this year, was successful enough to warrant a sequel — KFC’s Fiery Grilled Wings.

I just hope this latest version is better than any of the straight-to-DVD American Pie sequels. All I know is that it has 100 percent less breasts than any American Pie movie.

While the original version was a significantly healthier option than KFC’s regular chicken, the Fiery Grilled Wings are slightly better for you than their regular wings, since they’re not only grilled, but also marinated instead of coated in a sauce like their other wing flavors. These new spicy wings are also 50 percent larger than KFC’s other wings.

A KFC Fiery Grilled Wing contains 70 calories, 4 grams of fat, 1 gram of saturated fat, 0 grams trans fat, 30 milligrams of cholesterol, 200 milligrams of sodium, 0 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of fiber and 7 grams of protein.

They’re available in the following sizes: 5 pieces for $3.99, 20 for $13.99 and 30 for $21.99.

1. Lane O says:

The shape of wings in the bucket don’t seem to look like any chicken wings I’ve ever eaten. Makes me wonder if they’re genetically modified. That probably wouldn’t stop me from trying them though.

2. Kim in Minn says:

…. the picture I am looking at in the ad ‘NEW FIERY GRILLED WINGS’ is a picture of a chicken drummy!! Word above drumstick say “BIG WING” with a line showing how large it is. A drumstick. HA!

3. amanda says:

Yeah they basically look like grilled chicken strips. Buffalo Wild WIngs serves up something similiar to this called the naked tender

4. Tasty Japan says:

Who cares how many calories! I’d try them anyway, seems like a good price.

5. chris says:

tried them today, whooooooweeeeee ! they were blazing ! good flavor, good size……would buy/try again.

6. Torrisse White says:

Please bring those wings back!!! The best think ever that KFC ever brought!!…Please bring em back to Texarkana!!