NEWS: New SoBe Pure Water Is As Pure As Teenage Disney Actors Before They Turn Eighteen

Written by | June 23, 2011

Topics: Sobe, Water

Sobe Pure

Update: Click here to read our SoBe Pure review

I didn’t know electrolytes could have flavor. I thought it just helped rehydrate thirsty people and sell an ocean’s worth of Gatorade. But it appears it does because the label on the new SoBe Pure water says so: “Water + A drop of flavor + Electrolytes for taste.”

SoBe Pure water comes in three flavors: Watermelon, Golden Pineapple, and Black Cherry. All three flavors have no calories, no colors, no preservatives, and no artificial sweeteners. With those statements, you’d think SoBe Pure’s ingredients list would be simple, or pure, if you will.

And it is simple, if you have a chemistry degree. All three flavors contain: water, erythritol, citric acid, natural flavor, calcium lactate, potassium citrate, sea salt, purified stevia extract, tartaric acid, and lactic acid.

An 8-ounce serving of SoBe Pure has 0 calories, 0 grams of fat, 30 milligrams of sodium, 4 grams of carbohydrates, 0 grams of sugar, and 0 grams of protein. They’re available in 20-ounce bottles for a limited time only at Target.

1. Sue says:

Yeah but how do they TASTE??

• Marvo says:

If this was a review post, I’d tell you, but it’s a news post and I don’t have all three flavors, so I won’t.

• Dawn Nelson says:

I have only tried the golden pineapple. And it was really really good! No after taste at all. Target was closed so I went to a safeway and thet didnt have it there yet. So I will be going back to target to get it. Plus it was on sale! Cant beat that deal!!!!

2. Kim says:

I tried the golden pineapple and it was delicious. It has a really strong, sweet pineapple aroma, and the taste, though not as strong is very light, sweet and refreshing. I’ll definitely buy more. I tried the black cherry as well, I was light, slightly sweet and refreshing as well. My Target didn’t have the watermelon flavor. I will pick up more pineapple flavor for sure. It tasted really good when it was super-cold after a day at the pool. Two thumbs up!

3. steve says:

I was at the Target and they runs out fast! Good thing that they have another try event on the 26th.

4. AJ says:

All I can say is this: It’s got electrolytes! It’s got what plants crave!

5. Steve says:

Probably the worst Sobe beverage I’ve ever tried. Loved the other Sobe zero calorie drinks, but these are super putrid.

6. Sasha says:

My absolute favorite flavored waters are from HINT (which tend towards fruity flavors, but imaginative combinations – Honeydew-Hibiscus makes me swoon) and Ayala (herbal, kind of funky – I’m drinking Clove-Cardamom-Cinnamon right now). No sugar and no artificial sweeteners in either. Downside? They’re $2 a pop.

7. Ron Hyatt says:

SoBe water, like from a toilet?