SPOTTED ON SHELVES – 1/23/2013

Written by | January 23, 2013

Topics: Spotted on Shelves

Here are some interesting new and limited edition products found on store shelves by us and your fellow readers.

Birthday Cake Golden Oreo

Celebrating Oreo’s 101st birthday by eating Birthday Cake Golden Oreos. Or, perhaps, add more birthdays to your life by not eating any Oreos. (Spotted by Stephen at Giant.)

Nutrigrain Fruit Crunch Granola Bars

After years of offering cereal bars, Kellogg’s Nutri-Grain now makes granola bars. But that space is dominated by Nature Valley, Quaker, and Kashi, so I’m sure Quaker isn’t quaking in their boots, Nature Valley isn’t retreating into a valley, and Kashi isn’t giving a Kashit. (Spotted by Charmi at Target.)

Honey Bunches of Oats Tropical Blends

Here on this tropical rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, tropical blends are just called blends. (Spotted by Justin at Walmart.)

Totinos Pizzaria

With flavors like Cheesy Garlic, Meatball Marinara, and Chicken Parmesan, I guess these Totino’s Pizzeria Rolls are a step above their regular Pizza Rolls. I hope Totino’s one day takes it up another step and makes Totino’s Ristorante Italiano Rolls with flavors like Chicken Alla Pomodori, Lasagna, and Chicken Marsala. (Spotted by Justin at Walmart.)

Thank you to all the photo contributors! If you’re out shopping and see an interesting new or limited edition product on the shelf (or really unusual), snap a picture of it, and send us an email (theimpulsivebuy@gmail.com) with where you found it and “Spotted” in the subject line. If you do so, you might see your picture in our next Spotted on Shelves post.

1. Mike N. says:

Ooooo, I’m going to have to seek out those Totino’s rolls!

2. Alek says:

I hope the birthday cake oreos are a new addition to the Oreo Family not limited edition. They were so damn good and now seems they are putting more oreos in the package than the previous limited edition ones

3. Dubba says:

I tried the nutrigrain fruit runch bars yesterday and I actually liked them. Sure the apple flavoring is a bit, ummm, pungent, but overall the coating on the bottom went surprisingly well with not too solid crunch of the bars.

4. Andi says:

I saw the Pizzeria rolls advertised in a circular this week. I might have to try.

5. Mike N. says:

Picked up the meatball marinara rolls tonight — not bad, but they don’t really taste much different than the regular pizza rolls (which all seem to taste the same). I’m thinking the ‘cheese garlic rolls’ might actually taste unique; I’ll try them next.

6. vp says:

the garlic cheese rolls were terrible! i’ve seen the parm ones at walmart, but can’t find the meatball ones anywhere