The Impulsive Buy is currently looking for enthusiastic, talented, entertaining, and self-motivated individuals to write junk food and fast food reviews. We hope to bring on a few new contributors to write one or two reviews per month.
It’s a paid gig, but we won’t say here how much we pay per review. However, we can say it’s enough for you to have a pizza party with several of your friends or more than enough to help you fill a bathtub with popcorn.
If you’d like to apply for the position, here’s what you’ll need to send:
1. One sample review in TIB format (nutrition facts, rating, price, pros, cons, etc at the bottom). The review MUST be a new junk food or fast food product (“New” meaning within the past three months. If you’re not sure if the product you want to review is new, email me). The sample review will help us determine if your writing style would be a good fit. The sample review length MUST be somewhere between 400-600 words (not including nutrition facts, rating, price, pros, cons, etc at the bottom).
2. Photo(s) of the product you reviewed. (Full resolution versions, please!)
3. A bio that includes why you want to write for The Impulsive Buy.
A Few Notes:
1. We’re not only judging you on your review, but also your photos to see your photography skills (Tip: Light will help your photos a lot.) and how you write your bio (Tip: have fun writing it).
2. Due to legal reasons, we can’t hire anyone under the age 18.
3. At this time, we’re only looking for writers located in the United States and Canada.
4. Please don’t send your review and bio as an attachment. Copy and paste them into your email. Photos should be sent as attachments.
To apply, please email your sample review, pictures, and bio to email@example.com with “I’m a Hungry Hungry Hippo” in the subject line. We will stop accepting applicants on Saturday, January 23 at 11:59 p.m. HST.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.