McDonald’s is celebrating the 40th anniversary of the first-ever Happy Meal by launching the Surprise Happy Meal.
What’s the surprise?
They’re filled with shredded lettuce and onions collected from the bottom of Big Mac clamshell boxes!
Of course, I’m kidding. These Surprise Happy Meals will each have one of the most popular Happy Meal toys from the last four decades. They will be available at participating McDonald’s restaurants beginning today, November 7 through Monday, November 11, while supplies last.
The 17 toys coming to the Surprise Happy Meal in the U.S. includes:
- Cowboy McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Fireman McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Mail Carrier McNugget (McDonald’s): 1988
- Hamburger Changeable (McDonald’s): 1989
- Grimace (McDonald’s): 1990
- Dino Happy Meal Box Changeable (McDonald’s): 1991
- McDonald’s Hot Wheels Thunderbird (Mattel): 1993
- Hamburglar (McDonald’s): 1995
- Power Rangers (Hasbro): 1995
- Space Jam Bugs Bunny (Warner Brothers): 1996
- Patti the Platypus (Ty Beanie Baby): 1997
- 101 Dalmatians – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 1997
- Tamagotchi (Bandai): 1998
- My Little Pony (Hasbro): 1998
- Furby (Hasbro): 1999
- Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey – U.S. Exclusive (Disney): 2002
- Hello Kitty (Sanrio): 2013
(Image via McDonald’s.)