NEWS: Kellogg’s Sets Up Possible Nerd Rumble With New Star Trek Cereal That’s Similar To A Star Wars Cereal

Written by | April 9, 2009

Topics: Cereal, Food, Kellogg's

The new Star Trek Cereal boldly goes where other cereals that promoted movies with the word “star” in them have gone before.

It’s made up of sweetened oat cereal and marshmallows, which were the same ingredients found in 2005′s Star Wars Cereal. These similarities might lead to a confrontation between Star Wars and Star Trek fanatics about which cereal is better, which would be much like the disagreements those nerds have over which movie franchise is superior.

Oh, I can’t wait for the Force-Fx lightsaber replicas and the plastic phasers set to kill to be drawn at each other. All I would need are some Princess Leias in gold bikinis and a few Lt. Uhuras and it would give me a total nerdgasm that would take weeks to recover from.

A 3/4 cup dry serving of the Star Trek Cereal contains 120 calories, 1 gram of fat, 0 grams of saturated fat, 220 milligrams of sodium, 55 milligrams of potassium, 26 grams of carbohydrates, 2 grams of fiber, 12 grams of sugar, 3 grams of protein and a bunch of vitamins and minerals.

1. Orchid64 says:

I secretly love the little crappy marshmallows in cereal. I never have these types of things, but I’d probably pick up a box of this Star Trek stuff just for the novelty if it were sold here.

2. Ryan says:

Set phasers to yum. I apologize. That was terrible.

3. Yum Yucky says:

Cool! I’m buying to save as a momento. I’ll never open it!
    Yes, I’m a nerd but I’m still cool.

4. Marvo says:

@Orchid64: I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again — I would eat a cereal that contains ONLY crappy cereal marshmallows.

@Ryan: No, that was a good line and I’m sad that I didn’t come up with it. Kudos to you my fellow fast food eater.

@Yum Yucky: I’ll be worth something on eBay someday or whatever replaces eBay in the future.

5. Woodenhand says:

Hmmm lightsabers and phasers…hmmmm as well as ludicrously sweet marshmallow and corn cereal…indeed it must be nearing the time for summer blockbusters

6. Pomai says:

Just make sure that Triumph the Dog is present for commentary when this Star Trek vs. Star Wars Kellogg’s cereal debate takes place.

What’s on the back of the box? Whatever it is, must be some good reads to keep you mentally busy while eating it.

Also, no mention of a collectible toy inside. What gives? Isn’t that half the selling point with products based on movie franchises?

7. Rowen says:

Are we about to return to the 80′s and early 90′s where every kid themed business had their own cereal, which was basically a rehash of Lucky Charms or Cap’n Crunch? (has that been going on, and I just didn’t know?)

8. DJ says:

I saw a whole big display of Kellogg’s extra sugary cereals branded for Star Trek yesterday. Methinks I won’t enjoy the new Star Trek movie if it is that kid-oriented. But I’ll go see it anyway, because I am a Trekkie. I hope Shatner is in it, and Nimoy.

No, I didn’t buy them. But look for them at a grocery store near you!

9. DJ says:

(should clarify – all sugary brands, Froot Loops, Corn Pops,
    Apple Jacks, et al, branded for Star Trek)

10. Marvo says:

@Woodenhand: I’m waiting for the Termination Salvation cereal with marshmallow bits of Christian Bale’s head.

@Pomai: I remember cereals used to have toys in them ALL THE TIME. What happened? I miss toys in cereal. I also miss insane amounts of sugar in cereals.

@Rowen: I would like to go back to a time when I could add sugar to Frosted Flakes and not get fat.

@DJ: Live long and prosper.

11. JamieSusan says:

I’m going to eat the shit out of that cereal. Star trek rules forever.

Love, Gimmeyummy

12. Marvo says:

@JamieSusan: You must love that cereal past Warp Factor 6.

13 Comments Trackbacks For This Post