Hey! Do you love to write? Do you like junk food and/or fast food?
If so, then perhaps you’d like to be a reviewer for The Impulsive Buy. We are looking for several new contributors to write their thoughts about the latest junk food and fast food.
It’s a paid gig, but you should know that it’s only enough for you to have a small Taco Bell taco party or enough to partially fill a bathtub with store brand cheese balls on sale. If you end up being a finalist, then we will disclose how much we pay per review.
If you’d like to apply for the position, here’s what you’ll need to send:
- One sample review in TIB format (nutrition facts, rating, price, pros, cons, etc at the bottom). The review MUST be a new junk food or fast food product (“New” meaning within the past four months. “Junk food or fast food” meaning stuff you’d be afraid to eat in front of your doctor). The sample review will help us determine if your writing style would be a good fit. The sample review length MUST be no more than 500 words and no less than 400 words (not including nutrition facts, rating, price, pros, cons, etc at the bottom of TIB reviews).
- Photo(s) of the product you reviewed. (Full resolution versions, please!)
- A bio that includes why you want to write for The Impulsive Buy.
A Few Notes:
- We’re not only judging you on your review, but also your photos to see your photography skills (Tip: Light will help your photos a lot.) and how you write your bio (Tip: show your personality in it and if you have a writing background, you should share that).
- Due to legal reasons, we can’t hire anyone under the age 18.
- At this time, we’re only looking for writers located in the United States.
- Please send your review, bio, and photos as separate attachments.
To apply, please email your sample review, pictures, and bio to email@example.com with “Grimace gives me nightmares” in the subject line. We will stop accepting applicants on Monday, November 13, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. Hawaii Standard Time.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email us.