NEWS: General Mills Releases Dulce de Leche Cheerios and Peanut Butter Multi Grain Cheerios For Those of You Who Are Sick of the Other 11 Cheerios Varieties

Written by | December 27, 2011

Topics: Cereal, Cheerios

Honey Nut Cheerios Bowl

Update: Click here to read our Dulce de Leche Cheerios and Peanut Butter Multi Grain Cheerios review

There are two new Cheerios varieties, which brings the total number of Cheerios flavors to a baker’s dozen. The new Cheerios varieties are Dulce de Leche Cheerios and Multi Grain Cheerios Peanut Butter.

These new Cheerios flavors follow Cinnamon Burst Cheerios, which was released at the beginning of this year. Grub Grade’s Adam Nettina reviewed the two flavors over at his new blog.

Of course, these new flavors are going to make choosing a Cheerios variety to purchase much harder. Usually, I just open the biggest regular Cheerios box, pull out the bag of cereal in it, put the huge Cheerios box over my head, ask a fellow shopper to hand me a box of each variety, throw them all in the air, and whichever one I catch is the flavor I buy. But I don’t know if I could hold all 13 flavors.

Source: Option Pitch and Waffle Crisp

1. Veronica says:

I have to say I am a little excited for the peanut butter cheerios, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

2. Ruffy says:

what’s up with that disfigured cheerio-log in the middle of the picture?

3. The only thing that could be better than Multi Grain Cheerios are Peanut Butter Multi Grain Cheerios. Be still, my heart.

4. Adam says:

Trust me. The peanut butter ones are awsome plain. In peanut butter ice cream, they are ethereal.

5. Raymond says:

That peanut butter cheerios looks ok, but, I really want to try that Frosted Toast Crunch. General Mills needs to come out with a new Cookie Crisp cereal too.

6. Thomas says:

I thought the picture was Dulce De Leche (wish they would just say caramel, but I guess it might not be straight caramel).

I am excited to try these. I am sure I won’t enjoy them both, but I like cheerios so we’ll see. I probably havea coupon for $1 off if I get two boxes too. I assume they are out now/soon?

• Thomas says:

Neither cereal matches the picture above. They both seem to have a mix of light and dark pieces.

I have only triedthe Caramel, but for some reason it reminded me ofthe 80 calorie fiber one honey squares or whatever. It didn’t dry my mouth out though.

7. Jeannie says:

I got the .75 cent coupons for both these cereals..just tried the peanut butter one-YUCK, will never buy again.