SPOTTED ON SHELVES – Breyers Gelato Indulgences

Written by | January 2, 2014

Topics: Spotted on Shelves

Breyer's Gelato Indulgences 3

Breyer's Gelato Indulgences 2

Breyer's Gelato Indulgences 1

Mmm…Triple Chocolate. Mmm…Raspberry Cheesecake. Mmm…Vanilla Caramel. Mmm…Tiramisu. Mmm…Two things: 1) I hope the container doesn’t say in fine print, “Frozen Italian Dairy Dessert” 2) I think it’s a safe bet Dreyer’s/Edy’s will come out with their own gelato this year. (Spotted by Aaron at Safeway.)

If you’re out shopping and see an interesting new or limited edition product on the shelf, snap a picture of it, and send us an email (theimpulsivebuy@gmail.com) with where you found it and “Spotted” in the subject line. If you do so, you might see your picture in our next Spotted on Shelves post.

1. Brad says:

I am glad I’m not the only one who thought they’ll need to search the package for the words “dairy dessert.”

2. SubZero says:

Though I wouldn’t put it past them to pass off FDD as gelato, hopefully they respect the gelato criteria (though I cannot reliably say what, if any, FDA guidelines are for it).

3. Pilar says:

There goes my diet. :(

4. Vance says:

The company keeps saying that customers prefer FDD to ice cream, but the only time I ever see anyone buy Breyers’ at the store is when it’s on clearance.

5. Lorraine says:

Is Breyers Gelato Indulgences Kosher – Tiramisu flavor?

6. Rstarblazers says:

I tried it. Specifically the Triple Chocolate. It was good. It’s not really gelato, though. Gelato (traditionally speaking) has a lower milk fat content as well as no eggs (unlike ice cream) but makes up for those differences by being more dense. The flavor of the Bryer’s product was good but the texture wasn’t correct for authentic gelato. The product is listed as “Product of Italy” so I was hoping for something better. To me, the texture (which I enjoyed) came across as frozen marshmallow creme. As I mentioned, the product is good, just not gelato. They should have tried a different description for it, IMHO.

7. I am a lover of Tiramiso and I tried the Tiramiso Indulgences and I think it is FANTASTIC.

8. NOREEN says:

oNE EVENING A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGON i HAPPENED TO GO TO FIVE STORES IN SEARCH OF MY FAVORITE GELETO FLAVORM( OF THE MOMENT)-POEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE.
    BY THE WAY, THAT IS NOT UNUSUAL.
    I also happened upon this incredible new product and bought the Terimisu flavor. need i say it was magnificant. within twon days i went to buy more and seem to forgotten which store i bought itso i went back to all five and was blown away when i was not able to find the store or perhaps I went to a store that only had it out for a very short period of time.
    whatever the case, i would be so gratefull if someone can give me a name and number i can callm to find out “where in havens name i can find it again”
    totally joenssing

9. NOREEN says:

please direct me to the nearest place i might find this most tasty gelato – tirimisu flavor

10. Patti says:

WOW I wish it wasn’t THIS GOOD! then I wouldn’t be so tempted to eat the whole container in one sitting and go to the store for MORE and MORE…and… (u get the idea)

11. Patti says:

cont’I SHOULD GO ON A DIET…LOL

12. judy knoppel says:

BREYERS GELATO- RASPBERRY CHEESECAKE- AWSOME.CANT WAIT TO TASTE ALL THE OTHER FLAVORS.

13. Barbara says:

Re the Breyers Gelato Indulgences…Tried the Vanilla & Caramel. Did not care for it at all. Tasted fake…not like ice cream and not like gelato. It reminded me of a denser version of Cool Whip. I think the “Indulgences” is another word for Dairy Dessert. I would not buy this product again.