The Impulsive Buy is currently looking for enthusiastic, talented, funny, and self-motivated individuals to write product reviews of processed foods that most likely would make Jamie Oliver cry or start another food revolution. I’m hoping to bring on one or two new reviewers to write one or two reviews per month.
1. Must have a computer.
2. Must have a digital camera.
3. Have spelling and grammar abilities equal to or greater than mine.
4. Have an ability to entertain people with words.
It’s a paid gig, but I won’t say how much here. However, I can say it’s enough for you to have a Pop-Tarts party, if the Pop-Tarts party only included Pop-Tarts and not other party-related items like party hats, banners, party favors, balloons, plates, forks, and a stripper coming out of a cake that looks like a Pop-Tart.
If you would like to apply for the position, here’s what you’ll need to send:
1. One sample review in TIB format (nutrition facts, rating, price, pros, cons, etc at the bottom). The review can be about whatever product you want. I won’t be using the review on TIB. I just want to see your writing style to determine if you’d be a good fit. To give you an idea of how long a TIB review is, they range from 400-1,000 words.
2. Photo(s) of the product you reviewed. (High quality versions, please!)
3. A bio and why you want to write for The Impulsive Buy.
A Few Notes:
1. Due to legal reasons, we can’t hire minors.
2. At this time, we’re not looking to add writers from outside the United States.
3. Please don’t send your review as an attachment. Copy and paste your writing samples into your email. However, you may send the photos as attachments.
Update: If you’ve applied before, please send a new review.
To apply, please email your sample review, pictures, and bio to theimpulsivebuyATgmailDOTcom with the line “I want to write for a semi-popular product review blog” in the subject line. The deadline to apply will be July 8th.