The Impulsive Buy is currently looking for enthusiastic, talented, funny, and self-motivated individuals to write processed food product reviews. We hope to bring on one new reviewer to write one or two reviews per month, but may hire a second.
1. Must have a computer.
2. Must have a digital camera (or a very good camera on your smartphone).
3. Have spelling and grammar abilities equal to or greater than mine.
4. Have an ability to entertain people with words.
It’s a paid gig, but we won’t say how much we pay per review. However, we can say it’s enough for you to have a pizza party for one…maybe two.
If you would like to apply for the position, here’s what you’ll need to send:
1. One sample review in TIB format (nutrition facts, rating, price, pros, cons, etc at the bottom). The review can be about whatever food product you want. Just to let you know, we won’t be using the review on TIB. The sample review will help us determine if your writing style would be a good fit. To give you an idea of how long a TIB review is, they range from 400-1,000 words.
2. Photo(s) of the product you reviewed. (High quality versions, please!)
3. A bio and why you want to write for The Impulsive Buy.
A Few Notes:
1. Due to legal reasons, we can’t hire minors.
2. At this time, we’re not looking to add writers from outside the United States.
3. Please don’t send your review as an attachment. Copy and paste your writing samples into your email. However, you may send the photos as attachments.
To apply, please email your sample review, pictures, and bio to email@example.com with “Boom Shakalaka” in the subject line. The deadline to apply will be May 31st.
Note: To those people wondering about guest reviews on TIB. So far, I’ve received 30+ emails from people who are interested in doing guest reviews. I still haven’t decided whether or not to have them on TIB, but I’m kind of leaning towards having them. But before I make a decision, I want to bring on a new paid reviewer. I’ll make a decision about guest reviews after the May 31st deadline passes.