NEWS: DiGiorno Puts Pizza and Cookies in the Same Box; Also Offers Pizza and ‘Wyngz’, Goes on to Lose Spelling Bee

Written by | January 25, 2011

Topics: DiGiorno, Frozen Food, Pizza

DiGiorno Pizza & Cookies

Update: Click here to read our DiGiorno Pizza & Cookies review

In a move that strikes me as amazingly random, DiGiorno is now offering Toll House chocolate chip cookie dough with its frozen pizzas. Unimaginatively called DiGiorno Pizza & Cookies, you can get your chocolate chip cookies with three different types of pizza: Four Cheese, Pepperoni and Supreme. All pizzas have a hand tossed style crust.

The box says the dough makes 12 cookies, but you could probably make one really big cookie with a raw center, or just eat the dough while you wait for your frozen pizza to cook. The recommended amount of cookies raises questions regarding how many people it takes to eat a DiGiorno pizza. If you ask me, that’s a lot of cookies per person.

If you’re not a big fan of dessert, DiGiorno also now offers Pizza & Boneless Wyngz. Wyngz looks like something my cat would type while walking across my keyboard, but the box describes them as white meat chicken fritters. Perhaps they made the spelling XTREME in order to avoid anyone thinking they were actually chicken wings. You can get a Supreme or Three Meat with Honey BBQ Wyngz, or a Pepperoni with Buffalo Style Wyngz. No matter which flavor Wyngz you choose, you’ll be getting approximately 7-8 of them per box.

No word on price for either combo. No word on cooking instructions either, but I’m assuming both the cookies and the Wyngz are designed to cook to hot perfection at the exact same time as the pizza. These launched nationwide last week, so look for them in your grocer’s freezer aisle.

Pizza and cookies, a combination the people have been screaming for for years. Finally, all our dreams have come true!

Thanks for TIB reader Stefania for the tip.

Source: DiGiorno Facebook Page

1. amanda says:

Cookies and pizza = best dinner ever!

2. Brian says:

Found the Wyngz combos at my local Wal-Mart supercenter in Illinios this weekend. Haven’t tried them yet.

3. Halevy says:

Saw both combos at Wal-Mart here in Alabama last weekend. They were priced at $6.50.

4. jason says:

“Wyngz looks like something my cat would type while walking across my keyboard”

thank you for this.

5. Max says:

WYNGZ probably taste like something a cat would produce as well.

6. winnie says:

Marvo, In case you are not aware of it, Francis Lam from Slate gave TIB a shout out, provided a link to this post.

He liked your joke about Wyngz. I was impressed.

7. Robin says:

Stephen Colbert mentioned the WYNGZ on his show. Apparently the federal government mandates that they be called WYNGZ because they aren’t actual wings.

8. berroci says:

I used to love breadsticks with pizza, but these days they just seem like completely superfluous carbs. Almost like eating a big sandwich with a basket of bread on the side. And the cookie-pizza combination gives me the same reaction, though it’s harder to justify, since sandwich plus cookie seems fine.

Pizza and wings (or “wyngz”) sound good, and if they could somehow freeze a Caesar salad I’d give that a try as well. Frozen lettuce is odd to think about but I believe Subway has been doing it for a while now.

9. the pizza says:

I’m so late to the comment party — but lol @ something the cat would type. lol. That joke truly deserves the national recognition it has received.