SPOTTED ON SHELVES – Chex Chips

Written by | January 14, 2014

Topics: Spotted on Shelves

Chex Chips

Chex Chips come in four flavors: Caramelized Onion, Cheddar Jalapeño, Wasabi, and Cinnamon & Brown Sugar. I’d like to crush the wasabi one and sprinkle it over a sushi roll. I’d also like to pour the Cinnamon & Brown Sugar one into a bowl and tell everyone it’s mutated Cinnamon Chex Cereal and they should run for their lives. (Spotted by Shelby at 7-Eleven.)

If you’re out shopping and see an interesting new or limited edition product on the shelf, snap a picture of it, and send us an email (theimpulsivebuy@gmail.com) with where you found it and “Spotted” in the subject line. If you do so, you might see your picture in our next Spotted on Shelves post.

1. BigBelly says:

the cinnamon one would probably be good crushed on ice cream, the others might make a good breading… never tasted a caramelized onion flavored chip that actually delivered that flavor yet though, so I won’t hold my breath, until I read otherwise

2. Richard says:

Okay I saw only three of the flavors and I wonder how this is a chip???

All this is a massive multigrain version of one chex cereal piece with some flavoring on it.

3. SnackMaster says:

They are great. Wasabi is very accurate and gives your nose a burn. Very tasty. The jalapeño cheddar ones are the closest a chip has come to the jalapeño 3D dorito of years past

4. Corrie says:

I found these in Burnet, Texas and could not put the bag down until I finished it, jalapeño cheddar. I bought 6 bags a couple of days later when I drove through again but have not been able to find them ANYWHERE else. They are AMAZING and I would LOVE to get more!!!

5. Nicki says:

I found them at 7-Eleven. The cinnamon & brown sugar was good (a flavor similar to churros) but the caramelized onion was ADDICTING! It tastes a bit like onion rings with better texture. I ate the whole bag in 3 seconds flat!

• Carrie says:

Am seriously searching for the caramelized onion! Must be the favorite around Jackson – I can find all tastes BUT that one. And you’re right, It Is addicting. Not not a bit like Funyuns, in my opinion.

• Jessica Crooks says:

Same thing here in charlotte we have all flavors but cinnamon ones are always sold out. They are very addicting.