Method Sea Mineral Hand Wash Refill

Written by | July 28, 2008

Topics: 8 Rating, Method, Personal, Soap

I’d like to think I’m an eco-friendly person. I recycle plastic bottles, glass, newspapers, and cardboard; I drive 40 miles per hour on the freeway and get called “grandma” by non-eco-friendly drivers to maximize my car’s gas mileage; I take lame gifts given to me, rewrap them, and give them to someone else; and I flush the toilet only if I go Number Two. I also love companies that promote eco-friendly products and ideas, so it is no surprise that I really like the Method Sea Minerals Hand Wash Refill, which consists of 96 ounces of pure Method eco-friendly goodness.

The regular 12-ounce bottle of Method Hand Wash costs about $3-$4, so it was really nice to get eight times the amount of soap for only twice the price at Costco. Whether you have to wash after shaking the hand of someone who you think is crazy or get fresh blood off of your hands, the Method Sea Mineral Hand Wash will get your hands clean in a biodegradable, triclosan-free, naturally derived, and animal testing-free way. The Sea Mineral soap itself had a pleasant, clean scent that kind of reminded me of the sea, but I’m not sure about it smelling like sea minerals. Although, I have to admit that I don’t know what sea minerals are, which is, of course, sad because I live on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean.

Method could’ve gone the easy route and just put something simple on the bottle to encourage us to recycle it, like “Recycle this, bitch!” Instead, printed on the bottle are their recommendations for possible uses when it’s empty, which are turning it either into a vase, water jug, or piggy bank. However, when I’m done with mine I’m probably going to either go all Matthew McConaughey on it and turn it into a musical instrument or carry it around with me and whenever I come up with a good idea I hold it above my head upside down.

With all of this eco-friendly love, I feel like hugging a tree, but I’m afraid I might hurt it, so instead I’ll have to settle for hugging this huge Method Sea Minerals Hand Wash Refill bottle, which you can see below.

(Editor’s Note: This guy loves Method products, but I’m sure the video above proves that I love them more.)

Item: Method Sea Minerals Hand Wash Refill
Price: $7.89
Size: 96 ounces
Purchased at: Costco
Rating: 8 out of 10
Pros: Nice smell. Big refill. Cheap for a Method product. Biodegradable, triclosan-free, naturally derived, and animal testing-free. Convenient handle. It’s blue. Bottle encourages you to reuse the bottle.
Cons: Not sure if it smells like sea minerals. I don’t know what sea minerals are, despite living on a rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. I think it’s only available at Costco. Having to be the person who uses the toilet after me.

1. Oph says:

nooo…you don’t really love the soap..that’s a FAKE HUG!!! your elbows are far too wide from your body…..FAKE HAUG AAAAAAAARGH

2. Nevis says:

If you were animated…it would be Henti.

3. Alisha says:

spanking und cuffing, jah?

And i must say, that angle lends itself to people trying to discern the shape of your junk through your jeans.

4. meredith says:

At first I thought the ‘refill’ meant that you could get the big bottle refilled again and again (like that organic milk you get in the glass bottles), thus truly being eco-friendly.

I still want this pretty badly, but only if it comes in sweet water. Does it?

5. Marvo says:

@Natalie – Will it makes you feel any better, we don’t have a Target here on this rock in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. But that will change by next year. So I hope you’re getting a Costco soon.

@Shannon – As you’ve seen, I love Method too.

@Domokun – All I know is that this Method bottle is well lubricated.

@Mir – But I just want to let you know it was of legal age in terms of soap.

@Brie – Yes, I am.

@webmiztris – Actually, it was supposed to be even worse, but I forgot to shoot some scenes that I wanted it.

@wonders – Yes, it was. Now remember to keep all your soaps away from me.

@Oph – No, that’s how I hug everybody, to keep others from joining in to hug. I really hate group hugs.

@Nevis – If only I had tentacles.

@Alisha – Sadly, that part was all computer graphics.

@meredith – It does come in Sweet Water, so get your sweet on.

6. Lord Jezo says:

By the look of that video I take it the online dating experiment did not go very well?

7. Nevis says:

No tentacles? I’m sadly dissapointed. This definatly ruins a lot of my fantasies.

8. Peachy says:

OK. I’m gonna have to report you to the FBI or something. The way you “loved” the baby Method soap bottle can’t be legal >:(

9. sarah says:

Where did the video go? it was hilarious?

10. Marvo says:

@Lord Jezo – You know, it could’ve been a threesome and I just edited that part out.

@Nevis – Be glad I don’t have tentacles, because they are usually messy.

@Peachy – As long as I don’t get caught on To Catch a Predator I’ll be fine with it.

@sarah – The video is still there.

11. Bubu says:

The visuals were disturbing but the music soothed me. I’m so confused.

12. Marvo says:

@Bubu – Just feel it. Just feel it, man.

13. Annie says:

That video made me crack up. I love how you massage the bottles.. but really, your own baby?